News:

• May 18, 2024, 11:08:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Melia Buenavista Exclusive Royal Service Beach Resort and Spa, Cayo Santa Maria  (Read 14571 times)

Offline kharmar77

• Locker Talker
Forthcoming opening of the new Sol Meliá Cuba hotel

The Meliá Buenavista Exclusive Royal Service Beach Resort & Spa is the new hotel that Sol Meliá will operate in Cayo Santa Maria; located northeast offs the central Cuban province of Villa Clara. The opening of this all-inclusive five star vacation resort, conceived only for adults over 18 years, has been scheduled for the coming 2010-2011 winter season. This is the 25th Sol Meliá hotel in Cuba. Its superior comfort complements the natural attractions of Cayo Santa Maria, thus generating a new value for guests. Buenavista Meliá excels as an all Royal Service hotel, the only one of its at Sol Meliá Cuba. Due to its elegance, refinement, ultimate comfort, highly personalized attention, privacy and VIP treatment, Royal Service is the ultimate expression of luxury at Sol Meliá Cuba hotels, currently available at the Meliá Cohiba, Meliá Havana, Santiago de Cuba Meliá, Paradisus Princesa del Mar, Paradisus Varadero and Paradisus Rio de Oro hotels. Recommended for couples, weddings, honeymoons and wellness / spa, Meliá Buenavista covers an area of 2 500 square meters, with ultra modern design, air-conditioned spaces, open terraces and surrounded by exclusive beaches and coves, thus creating a very private and privileged ambience. The property has 100 Junior Suites and 4 Suites, provided with telephone in the bedroom and bath, LCD TV, mini-bar refilled daily, safe deposit box, pillow menu, 24-hour room service, tea and coffee making facilities, outdoor shower, bathroom with Jacuzzi, VIP amenities and free Wi-Fi Internet connection. Guests can also enjoy a massage and a hydrothermal circuit included in the Yhi Spa, as well as butler and daily turndown service. Guests staying in Suites are also entitled to other courtesies. Villa Zaida del Rio, considered a special luxury room, is also part of Meliá Buenavista. An separate chalet where guests can enjoy the attentions of Real Service in an exclusive setting with private swimming pool, Jacuzzi, solarium and secluded beach. Two swimming pools, three specialized restaurants, three bars, YHI Spa, swimming pool and beach concierge service, tennis court, clubhouse, Life Enriching Activities, nautical diving center, shop, TV, reading and the Internet room, weddings and honeymoons corporate programs, day around Sol Meliá Cuba hotels in Cayo Santa Maria and free transfer to these resorts, are among the facilities provided by Meliá Buenavista. This new hotel is located in Punta Madruguilla, in the western area of Cayo Santa Maria, in a entirely ecological setting within the Buenavista Biosphere Reserve, to which its owes name, and only 10 minutes from the air terminal in Cayo Las Brujas. This is the fourth Sol Meliá hotel in this destination, where Sol Meliá also operates  , Meliá Las Dunas and Sol Cayo Santa Maria , which are owned by the Gaviota Cuba Tourism Group, including Meliá Buenavista. Cayo Santa Maria is a 13 km ² tropical oasis joined to the town of Caibarién by a 48 km causeway stretching across the sea, which has received numerous awards for its harmonious combination of nature and engineering. This causeway enables travelers to access the city of Santa Clara, seat of an international airport, by road which also spans through Cayo Ensenachos and Las Brujas before reaching Cayo Santa Maria. Cayo Santa Maria is the largest of the islets off the northern coast of the central province of Villa Clara, some 380 km from Havana. With the opening of Sol Cayo Santa Maria in December 2001, Sol Meliá Cuba launched this destination in the international market, where it has developed a comprehensive and unique hotel product, based on the attractions of the site, whose natural luxury makes it one of the most exotic spots in the Caribbean.

Offline kharmar77

• Locker Talker
LOL Just thinking of the initials we have to use, if we want to refer to it as we do most of the resorts we know..

MBERSBRS.....that's a mouthful! :ham:

Offline Milli

• Max Member
LOL Just thinking of the initials we have to use, if we want to refer to it as we do most of the resorts we know..

MBERSBRS.....that's a mouthful! :ham:

:grin: So true Karen. 

This new Melia sounds beautiful.   Hopefully there will be some good prices when it first opens  :sunny:  With the presence of the Sol, MCSM, and MLD in this area I am wondering why this chain did not make this a Paradisus  resort though.  The Cayo Santa Maria/ Santa Clara area is probably my favourite part of Cuba to date.
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline kharmar77

• Locker Talker
Very good question, Milli...
there must be a reason why they have chosen this branding for this hotel...
I asked at my travel agent today.. happened to be in the neighbourhood, but no info available yet.
I know we tried out the Royal Hideaway when it first opened ( as  a  few others did too! :) )
and we can't afford to go now.. so there may be some good prices coming up..
Have to wait and see..
loved the area that's for sure! :ham:

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
Sounds like quite the resort.  Wow!  I don't think too many people are going to be able to afford even the "grand opening" prices. :laughing7: I should think they'd be pretty pricey too. :roleyes: Thanks for the info, Karen!  TC  :grin:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
We might be surprised with the opening prices, keep your eyes open.

We got a screaming deal for the Royal Hideaway Ensenachos when it first opened.

this resort sounds amazing and I will definitely need to watch for the sale prices.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Milli

• Max Member
 :thumbsup: There is some more information and a gallery of design pictures on this site

MBERSBRS       
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline kharmar77

• Locker Talker
thanks for the link, Milli!
and yes, Heather we got an awesome deal for the Royal Hideaway  647.00 plus tax in October..
I wonder if those deals have gone the way of the dodo?
I hope not!
fingers crossed..
Karen

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
Personally, I hope it doesn't open until after New Year's.  As we are heading to Mexico in November, there is just no way I could convince the dh to go away before Christmas!  Whoever sees the opening date first, please share the info.   :thumbsup: Thanks.  TC  :grin:

Offline Milli

• Max Member
 LOL  It says it will be open for the 2010-11 season but .............we have seen that before :grin:  You are probably safe travelchick!
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
Yes, Milli, I know! :grin: Would someone please type in that phrase that addresses this issue: it's something to the effect that "Oh well, it's Cuba!"  I would like to know it since situations always seem to come up where it's useful to use.  :laughing7: Thanks. TC

Offline Milli

• Max Member
travelchick:  Would you be thinking of "It's Cuba.......si!" 

I was going over the details of this new resort and noticed I had missed this: day around Sol Meliá Cuba hotels in Cayo Santa Maria and free transfer to these resorts, are among the facilities provided by Meliá Buenavista. I wonder what that is all about?
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
Milli, I wanted the words in Spanish.  I've seen them used many, many times before by people here. It's a simple phrase....Thanks anyway.  TC  :grin: