News:

• May 01, 2024, 05:25:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: E Bay + Paypal = Nightmare  (Read 2638 times)

E Bay + Paypal = Nightmare
« on: January 04, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
Hi

Happy New Year to you all.

I just thought I would warn you of something that has happened to me over the New Year holidays.
 A guy from Vietnam has managed to hack into my e-mail box and from here, he has managed to gain access to my Paypal account. All the guy did was  click on the paypal website,and to gain access to my Paypal account,all he had to do was click the link saying that he had forgotten the password, then Paypal has e mailed a reminder of the password. Once this guy had my password, kindly supplied by Paypal, he then added himself as the primary account holder of the account, with an alternative e mail address, and then changing the password, locking me out.

So this guy has spent in the last 3 days, £3800 on my debit card, transfered £2000 out of my bank account, as a cash transfer. The guy has then placed ficticious items on E bay (laptops and high value electronic goods) on a 24 hour sale, many people from the U.S and Australia have purchased these non existant goods for several thousand pounds, and paid by instant payment into my account, which has since been taken over by this guy in Vietnam. These payments have already been sucked out of the account.

I noticed within 6 hours that this guy had gained access into my account, it took me another 2 hours to get through to Paypal, who then refused to discuss the account with me as I was not the primary name on the account. After 24 hours of constant e mailing and calling Paypal, they agreed to freeze the account pending investigations. The following day, I noticed more transaction going on and called Paypal to find out what is going on. They said that the primary account holder had called and asked for the freeze to be removed, and Paypal had done this. Well since yesterday, there was an additional £12000 worth of fraudulent tranactions completed by this guy by selling non existant items, and only now, that the FBI has got involved Paypal has taken the appropiate actions. A complete joke!

The bank will only refund me if they can get the money back from where ever the funds have been transfered too, so fingers crossed.

I have every security measure on my home PC, so God only knows how this kind of thing can happen.........but beware!!

Re: E Bay + Paypal = Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
Sorry guys, I have put this in the wrong section !
 It has nothing to do with diving at all.

Gambitt, have a great trip, let me know how you get on mate!

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2006, 10:37:00 AM »
Well they are trying to dive into your pockets   :(  

:s:

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2006, 11:23:00 AM »
They have dived deep and then struck oil.....I wish my diving proved to be as fruitful !!