News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:01:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Roll Call for DC Tailgate Party  (Read 13482 times)

millybess

Re: Roll Call for DC Tailgate Party
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2005, 08:29:00 PM »
I'm bumping this thread to see if bellagio and Gambitt put their heads together on this one -- thought I might have missed it.

bellagio

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »
Well I'll forgive you this once millybess because you've been away!!

I did raise this question on the Toronto Cuban Night 2 thread (page 2) in The Chat Room and had this reply from Steve which I'm copying here, just to save you the 3 hours or more it would likely take you to locate it!!

Nice one eh!!! However expect you are used to this kind of treatment having been worked over recently by a Cuba immigration official.   My sarcasm cannot hold a candle to their interrogation techniques.

I wish the date was earlier myself but anyway here's Steves reply:

Hola Bellagio:

Ok, you're in luck. The tentative date for Cuba Night THREE will be Saturday October 15th, 2005.

We've picked this date as it falls one week after the Canadian Thanksgiving Celebration long weekend and everybody will be sick of turkey leftovers by then.... and ready for Alfredo's great cooking.

It would be nice to see you there. Book your flight.

Steve

millybess

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
Thanks for your reply bellagio, such as it is.  I guess we're out for CN3 also, it's our twins 16th birthday.  Oh well, if you are planning a trip over this way during the summer, let us know.

bellagio

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2005, 09:50:00 AM »
Millybess:

Does that mean that the October 15th date is a complete no-no for you then.   I was banking on you going .    It's not that convenient for me either as I was thinking I might be in Cuba by then.

I would have much preferred a summer date myself as there would have been more for me to do and see around the Toronto area during that time.

I don't know if they are still proposing to hold a poll, perhaps Gambitt or Steve might update us on the situation.

millybess

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2005, 09:59:00 AM »
Actually that is why I bumped this particular thread, as Gambitt said he was waiting for your return and I haven't seen anything recently.

October 15th --- sweet 16 times 2.

From our point of view the summer is much better and those visiting from out of town will find the city much more interesting at that time of year.

Also, if you're interested in seeing the Blue Jays on October 15th they would have to be in the World Series ---- hardly likely.

millybess

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »
My laptop is overheating.  I'm off for now.

bellagio

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by millybess:
  My laptop is overheating.  I'm off for now.
OMG - hope it cools down quickly, or Mike can sort the problem.    Life without millybess would be worse than being without Timmies coffee.

Laptop - GET WELL SOON.

millybess

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
Hi there.  The fan in my laptop stopped working and Mike had the laptop all apart lastnight.  The screen starts flickering when it starts to overheat.  We'll have to find a Dell parts dealer soon or buy a new one (which is what Mike wants to do), but I'm sort of attached to this one (sometimes literally).

Anyway, we have 5 computers in this house and maybe one day I'll find one not in use.

bellagio

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that Millybess.  My computer's a Dell too an Inspiron 8200 - it's over two years old now, but still going strong - touch wood!!!

I've been off line most of tonight trying to get my review of the Melia finished.  It's driving me crazy.   I've just logged on here for some light relief to get away from the darn thing.

I could do with a mojito or two.    :moj:      :moj:  

I'm drinking this Timmies coffee like there's no tomorrow I can tell you.   I'll soon need MORE!!!!

millybess

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
Mine is an Inspiron 2500 and I've had it for 3 years.

You'll be out of Timmie's before long it seems.  Well you'll just have to come over and get some more won't you?

bellagio

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
millybess:

Please forgive me for not replying to your last PM - I will get around to it, but I've so much to tell you that I don't know where to start.  

That's why I was hoping for a chat on Yahoo - it would have been so much easier.   This darn review is doing my head in.  I've completed it now but I'm leaving it until the morning to recheck it before posting as I need a clear head to make sure it's all OK.

I'll catch up with you shortly.

millybess

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »
Don't worry bellagio.  I'm trying to install yahoo on another machine.  Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

bellagio

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »
millybess:

Hopefully you received my PM by now.  Well it's 4.35 am here and I am definitely going to bed.   I'd be far better off living in Canada - I might make it to bed before midnight most nights.

Good night all.

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
Good night Mr B, and you're right about being better off in Canada.  We have Tim Hortons here.     :D

sweet dreams

...H
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

millybess

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2005, 11:46:00 PM »
Night bellagio.  I did receive your PM.  We'll chat tomorrow.