News:

• April 19, 2024, 05:06:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Lula Lounge  (Read 12905 times)

Offline skeets

Re: Lula Lounge
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »
hi wendy..i'm gigging that night so i can't make it out, but charanga habanera are a definite "must see" band.
 you can hear  a ton of their stuff on www.timba.com for free.

‘La Charanga’ - as they are known to their fans around the world - are a 14 piece non-stop dance machine who play the supercharged style of salsa known as timba. Led by visionary music director David Calzado, La Charanga Habanera - with their street-wise attitude and torrid live performances - have stayed at the top of the competitive Cuban music scene for over 15 years.

This concert at Lula Lounge on Octobeer 29 will be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see the absolute best in contemporary Cuban music. With five front men vocalists, four horns and a huge rhythm section all based in Havana Cuba, La Charanga Habanera truly embody the Spanish word "espectaculo"

Offline pyc77

• http://0
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2005, 11:17:00 AM »
I am 100% going to this my friend and I are going to go for the whole package, $69, dinner, dance class and show. Anyone else interested in going and I can make a group reservation?
elia Cayo Santa Maria/Playa Pesquero - September 2005
 Melia Cayo Santa Maria - May 2005
 Bahia Principe, Puerto Plata - January 2004
 Qualton Club, Puerto Vallarta - May 1999

Offline skeets

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
DAVID CALZADO Y SU CHARANGA HABANERA

October 28 and 29, the wildly popular David Calzado y su Charanga Habanera will appear for the first time ever in Toronto.

Due to unprecedented demand for the Saturday show, a second Friday night performance has been added.

i'm gigging thurs.  night too!   :mad:   trying to sub it out and take myla.

Offline pyc77

• http://0
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2005, 11:45:00 AM »
Went to the Charanga Habanera show on Saturday! WOW! I felt like I was in Cuba! It was a very high energy show and the crowd loved it! Not to mention the crowd itself was full of CUBANS! It was definitely worth every penny! If you haven't beeen to Lula Lounge before it is definitely worth visiting, the dinner was AMAZING!
elia Cayo Santa Maria/Playa Pesquero - September 2005
 Melia Cayo Santa Maria - May 2005
 Bahia Principe, Puerto Plata - January 2004
 Qualton Club, Puerto Vallarta - May 1999