News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:04:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Sky Services  (Read 48574 times)

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
Sky Services
« on: May 09, 2005, 11:50:00 AM »
Any idea of the weight allowed on ther Chartered flights..?

Bulldog...  :D

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
Re: Sky Services
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 12:41:00 PM »
we're flying skyservice and they told us 20 kg

Free baggage allowance varies with some destinations. As a rule, each passenger is allowed a maximum of two pieces of checked luggage, the combined weight of both pieces not to exceed 20 kg (44 lbs). Please refer to your airline ticket for your exact baggage allowance.

Total dimension of checked bagged is not to exceed 158 cm (62 inches) (length + width + height) per piece.

Excess baggage will be charged at $7 per kg for each direction. Please note, there is an overall weight limit permitted on the aircraft, therefore we cannot guarantee that excess baggage will be permitted on the aircraft.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Gambitt

• High-Tech Redneck!
    • Gambitt Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
Don't forget to put the sports/dive gear in a seperate bag!  No charge at all for Sky service
If at first, you do not succeed; You Obviously did Not use a BIG enough Hammer!!!
If at first, you Do Succeed.. try not to look tooo Astonished!

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
Thank You Both   :D  

Bulldog..  :s:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 12:27:00 PM »
Here are a few more pics of Skyservice flight 767 after it's "Hard Landing" in Punta Cana.

-

-

-

-

-
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2005, 12:50:00 PM »
I know that some of you have seen this news report on Global but I have seen nothing about this on the television news in the East and can't find any news stories on the internet.  I remember when Air Transat had the incident with the rudder in the winter that it was in our news reports that week. I guess my question is how come no news down here or am I missing something  :confused:    :confused:   Thanks for the photos, Flopnfly!
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2005, 01:18:00 PM »
We have heard very little about it here either.

I've only seen the small clip on Global news, and nothing in the papers.

Even searching the internet, nobody seems to know anything.

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
Heather there are some pic's I took on the Where is Bulldog post..

Bulldog

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:28:00 PM »
 -

-

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 01:32:00 PM »
Thanks Heather..  ;)  

Bulldog  :s:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2005, 03:03:00 PM »
This was the news on YYZnews.com

Skyservice Airlines  (5G/SSV)     a)....one of their Boeing 767-300s   (C-GLMC) was damaged in a hard landing at Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic on the weekend of May 21st and pictures circulating on the internet clearly show a wrinkled fuselage forward of the wing.   Boeing technicians are assessing the extent of the damage to determine if it should be repaired or possible declared a write-off.     Meanwhile, Skyservice is attempting to sub- charter other aircraft where necessary to meet their obligations to the various Tour Wholesalers.      b)...the Kitchener-Waterloo Record newspaper reports that Signature Vacations will operate the first-ever direct flights from the Kitchener-Waterloo (YKF) airport to Punta Cana this winter on Mondays and on Fridays to Cancun.   All flights will be operated with Skyservice Airbus A320s.

millybess

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
Bulldog, your pictures are much better than the one that I posted a link to when we first found out about this mishap.

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2005, 08:11:00 PM »
Thanks Millybess..

Those pic's are the next day and head on the crunch..so it not as BAD..

As mine are from minutes after and from the angle where you can see the real damage..

Bulldog  :s:

Offline Wolf

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »
Here's a thought I've had in my head today. BF, you mentioned that no one from Sky Services really said anything to the passengers when you got off. I was thinking that, if I was one of the flight attendants on board, I would be pretty much in as much shock as everyone else on that plane. Really, what could they say? They would be in the same boat as everyone else.

I doubt there would be any "official" people around the airport at the exact time that would have the authority represent Sky Services and speak on their behalf. So while it would have been better if someone was there to say something to the passengers, I'm not surprised that nothing happened.

It sounds like they've waited until everyone was home when they can touch base with you.

Anyone, not trying to defend anyone, just some thoughts going through my head today.

Offline sunluvr

• http://community.webshots.com/user/sunluvr101
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2005, 10:48:00 PM »
I hear you Wolf, in that the staff were likely in shock as well, but let's not forget they are the trained professionals who are taught to be able to handle any emergency situation.  I personally would not be apt to dismiss their lack of response quite so readily.  Bulldog stated in another post (or perhaps another forum  :confused: )that people were actually banged up and kids crying, I think the staff on board that aircraft had an obligation to take control and in the very least assess any medical concerns that may have resulted from the incident.  It sounds as though they pretended to ignore what had just occurred and that is simply wrong.
y name is Sunluvr and I am a Jamaicaphile.....IRIEMON!
 ~My Webshots Travel Pics~
 ~My Imagestation Travel Pics~
 Sandals Ocho Rios 00/01/03/05/06
 Beaches Varadero Oct.'02
 Sandals Royal Hicacos May '03
 Club Villa Covarrubias Jan.'05
 Melia Cayo Santa Maria June '05
 SOL Club Cayo Guillermo April '06