News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:08:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Shopping at Royal Hideaway  (Read 4542 times)

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
Shopping at Royal Hideaway
« on: October 15, 2006, 01:44:00 PM »
Karen, can you check out the shops at the Royal Hideaway next week?

They were not all open when we were there.

The gift shop was open, and had a good selection of things to buy.  

7 year old Rum was $11 CUC per bottle, cheaper than at the airport.  

There was a perfume shop which wasn't open, but if you wanted to buy something they would open it.

The hair salon wasn't open either.

The cigar shop was open in the evenings via the Cigar lounge.  

There wasn't much available at the Santa Clara airport to buy.  A very small counter with alcohol, cigars, and T-shirts and some crafts.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline kharmar77

• Locker Talker
Re: Shopping at Royal Hideaway
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »
Yes, I can , Heather...
 I have a request for a Che t-shirt...did you see any in Santa Clara or the airport?
 I have to think it would be a prime spot to sell those. I know they are everywhere every other place I have been to.
 Note to self: check out the rum !and thanks for the tip about being cheaper than the airport..
 Karen

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »
they had che t-shirts at the resort, in Santa Clara, and at the airport.  Not a lot of choice at the airport though.  

Che is everywhere in the Santa clara region, they love and idolize him.  

We were even offered some Che pesos.     :D   Obviously not real, or maybe they are??  

Vin Diesel (bartender in the cigar/lobby bar)  said that he has original money from the 60's when Che was head of the bank.  I told him to hang on to it because that will be his retirement fund.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

bellagio

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 10:24:00 AM »
Maybe he meant that 3 peso Cuban peso note with the picture of Che on the front.

I had one given to me a while back - I think they sell for a minimum of 3 CUC's on the street.

Offline mojitomiss_cuba

• Locker Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
Karen, word of warning: if you see something at the resort you like, buy it there. I made that mistake last year. Kristen wanted a blue Cuba baseball jersey we saw at the resort and I told her to wait and get it at the airport - same thing with a Che t-shirt she saw at the resort.

Well we get to the airport and they had a red jersey not a blue and it cost me almost 20 pesos more than the resort was selling! They had a very very limited selection of T-shirts at the airport as well.
PCV 2005, 2007
SCSM 2005
SCG 2006
RTB Negril 2006
Allegro Cozumel 2007
AB & Solymar Varadero 2008