News:

• April 20, 2024, 08:10:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Something strange is happening  (Read 5419 times)

Offline bmnichol

• Max Member
Something strange is happening
« on: May 24, 2008, 08:06:45 AM »
Not sure if any of you can help with this problem. This question has to do with Debbies forums. For the last while I have been able to read the forums. When I log in to respond it puts my status back to guest. Now all of a sudden I don't seem to be able to get any current content. I have no problem reading current threads from my computer at work and I can log in at work also. This seems to be something connected to my computer at home. The last thing I see for Cuba is dated May 21st but the front page is telling me that the post happened today. Very strange.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 08:17:11 AM by bmnichol »
35th Anniversary and Birthdays trip - Oct 27-Nov 3. Grand Sirenis, Akumal MX

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
Re: Something strange is happening
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »
It sounds like a cache problem, have you tried clearing your cache and all your temp internet files?

You didn't say what browser this is happening with or is it all of them?

I'm sure one of our techie's will be along shortly to give you a more detailed analysis   :grin: 
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline bmnichol

• Max Member
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »
I'm using Internet Explorer and it seems to be happening with the DR, Cuba and Mexico forums. I haven't tried any of the others.

Offline bmnichol

• Max Member
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
Thanks Heather, that seems to have fixed my problems.

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2008, 10:44:38 PM »
Good to hear that all is good now   :icon_thumright:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline bmnichol

• Max Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2008, 08:30:34 AM »
OK, it worked yesterday and today I had to do it again. I think I am going to have to see if there is something starting to clog up my computer. I've added a couple of games on Facebook,maybe that is just a coincidence.

I deleted the temporary internet files again this morning. It also seems to wipe out my logins and passwords. Oh the joys of computer.  :laughing7:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2008, 08:49:12 AM »
I haven't used Internet Explorer for ages.  I installed Firefox and I've never looked back.  I absolutely love it and never have the issues that IE always supplies. 

You can download it here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/?utm_id=Q108&utm_source=google&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=CKr1otDXwZMCFQoDGgodoEwpBw

Offline Gambitt

• High-Tech Redneck!
    • Gambitt Homepage
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 12:15:48 AM »
Okay Heather, You've taked me into it.

This is my first post via Firefox.  If things work out well, I'll be getting rid of IE soon!
If at first, you do not succeed; You Obviously did Not use a BIG enough Hammer!!!
If at first, you Do Succeed.. try not to look tooo Astonished!

Offline bmnichol

• Max Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 06:36:04 AM »
I downloaded Firefox yesterday and so far so good.  :grin: I even like the browser page better than the IE.

Offline Gambitt

• High-Tech Redneck!
    • Gambitt Homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 03:25:40 PM »
Me too!  I had some trouble getting the Bookmarks page to set up properly, but as far as web surfing, Firefox has been much better!  :icon_thumright:
If at first, you do not succeed; You Obviously did Not use a BIG enough Hammer!!!
If at first, you Do Succeed.. try not to look tooo Astonished!