News:

• March 29, 2024, 01:52:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares Review posted  (Read 6169 times)

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
Sol Rio de Luna y Mares Review posted
« on: February 04, 2009, 11:36:17 PM »
LindaBt's review of Sol Rio de Luna y Mares is up and can be viewed here:

http://www.7daysinparadise.com/tripreports/cu-slm.html
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Milli

• Max Member
Re: Sol Rio de Luna y Mares Review posted
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 03:15:21 PM »
 :thumbsup:  Ah....Linda.  You made me wish I were there right now!  Good thinking on not unpacking the first night!  Sounds like a wonderful week.
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline hellophotokitty

• Max Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:15:38 PM »
Hi Milli - i read the above review and see that you've been to Paradisus as well as playa pesquero.

These were actually on my list before I saw Jiacoba and was wondering how they compare?
I know Paradisus is the cream of the crop (and a little out of my price range...) but how nice is playa? I saw on tripadvisor mixed reviews. I've been to Covarrubias so I'm not disgusted by 3 star resorts, but am looking for something a little nicer cause it will be my honeymoon. And how are those resorts in June? I know that some places go to 50% work schedule/staff cause it's low season, do these two places do the same? And during June, what is the weather like?
 :TY: for your help!

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 09:08:29 PM »
 hellophotokitty:  First of all welcome to 7 Days!

As far as the weather goes I have only ever travelled in late March/mid April and late Oct/mid November so I am not sure what to tell you except that I have heard that June is hot and humid.  I am not sure how busy the resorts are in June as well.

We visited Paradisius Rio de Oro late October of '06 and PP November '07.  Paradisius was less than 1/2 full which we liked.  The beach in front of PRDO has eroded but as you go towards Sol Luna y Mares it was beautiful when we were there with lots of palapas and soft, soft sand.  We really liked both resorts but PRDO is definitely a more intimate resort and the food was better.  (mind you --no complaints about food at PP)   Guests of PRDO can also use facilities at Sol Luna y Mares.    We found PP to be large and  more family orientated. 
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline hellophotokitty

• Max Member
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 02:48:37 AM »
Milli - thanks for the warm welcome! :ham:
and the great tips! The more I look around, the more i am leaning towards PRDO, although i was looking in to breezes jibacoa, but was worried about the dive shop (somebody on trip advisor said they went there last January, and they said: I'm not sure if they scale back in June, but I know that the dive shop does not offer intro courses because we asked when we were there in January. The guy at the shop said he would "look at us" and let us know if he thought we could dive, not quite good enough for me so we just snorkelled and had a blast."

That makes me kinda leery since i really wanted to dive but was not certified (yet...) but I know that PRDO offers intro and certification courses.
But all in all, you would recommend this place? It's quite a way out of our budget range, but if it's worth it...

thks again for your help!

hpk

Offline mojitomiss_cuba

• Locker Talker
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
welcome photokitty

A fellow 7 days member, kharmar77, has been to both the prdo and breezes jibacoa and may be able to give you some advice about both resorts. I know she has also been to the prdo in June so let you know about services there during this time as well. Her husband is a diver and I believe he went diving during the June trip

you could send her a pm (private message) or post a new topic in general chat
PCV 2005, 2007
SCSM 2005
SCG 2006
RTB Negril 2006
Allegro Cozumel 2007
AB & Solymar Varadero 2008

Offline hellophotokitty

• Max Member
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2009, 03:46:15 PM »
hi mojitomiss_cuba - thanks for the info :icon_thumright:
Unfortuantley, i can't get to this member - apparently i can't see their profile or send her a private message...???

Offline Gambitt

• High-Tech Redneck!
    • Gambitt Homepage
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2009, 04:13:07 PM »
HPK ...  I just figured out the problem with profiles and will be fixing it right now.

Fixed... you can now access PM's and profiles.
If at first, you do not succeed; You Obviously did Not use a BIG enough Hammer!!!
If at first, you Do Succeed.. try not to look tooo Astonished!