News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:05:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2 Weeks at Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales  (Read 5285 times)

Offline skysurfer1

• Max Member
2 Weeks at Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »
I am submitting a report from a slightly different point of view.  I travel with a companion who has vision and mobility issues and thought I would show the resort from this persons perspective as many of the guest here are seniors.  Lighting in the rooms and around the resort is not as pronounced as we are used to so a book light would help for reading, also a small flashlight to carry in the evening as the lighting in some areas is quite limited.  We could not get the CPAP breathing machine to work (worked fine in previous resort) but I think that the outlets were just too old and we couldn't get a good connnection.  There are no handrails on any stairs, there are ramps at the lobby and one going to room block 400 and 500 and the steps at the buffet seating area are quite steep so may want to sit in the outdoor area.There are some small ridges around various entry ways and the theatre bar that once could catch their toe on and trip if not noticed.  Once you get used to all these little things it becomes much easier to maneouver about.  One thing to watch, after a rain shower the ceramic tile floors are very slippery, also tile in shower and rooms slippery if wet.

Now on to other items.  The beach has lots of shade and lounges, there are a few moulded chairs which are better for someone who need to sit upright and get up and down without straddling a lounger.  The sliding patio doors are very heavy and I use some ointment on the track at the bottom of the door to make it slide easier on the track.  Towels are distributed daily by the stage area.  You only get one key for the room, so you have to know where your roomate is if you need to get in the room!  There are tables and chairs by the pool bar for those who do not like lounges.  The bar by the stage is open 24 hours with coffee and hot water for tea available.  The money exchange is in the lobby as is a small store.  You can get a wakeup call you can rely on, just ask at reception.  The internet (1 computer) is in the reception area and is 1 hour for 6 CUC.

The basics:  the room is clean and comfortable, the food is adequate - chicken, pork, fish, beef, rice, pasta, vegetable, bread, fruit.  Evening entertainment very night is a very good way to finish up your day! The beach has snorkelling, peddle boarts, kayaks and catamarans for your enjoyment.

Outside of the resort:  Horse and buggy rides at the entrance 1 hour for 2 CUC per person.  A small museum to the right of the resort across from the public beach 1 CUC.  A cactus garden (5 km to the left) 1 CUC.  And the aquarium is close by also.  Some excusions offered include:Boat to Santiago 60 cuc.  Art community, aquarium and lagoon 25 CUC  Walking tour (min 6 people) to lagoon, boat tour, drink and lunch 15 CUC (2 km quite strenuous I am told, and hilly (return trip by bus).  Horseback riding to waterfall 3:30-1:30 - 25 CUC  Riding to village 14 CUC.  Full day trip to Santiago 55 CUC  8:30-5:00 - San Juan hill, Bacardi factory, cigar factory, fort, boat to island for lunch, 2 drink, downtown shopping.  1/2 day trip with lunch 8:00-1:30 27 CUC.  Other things in the area, antique car museum, dinosaur park, La Grand Peidra is not accessible by tour bus anymore as the road is washed out in may areas.  And the Tropicana cabaret, Monday night 8:30 - 1:30 by bus 37 CUC with bottle of rum for 4 per table and some small snack.  This was a very good show.   :thumbsup: If I can answer any questions will be glad to do so.  Overall, I enjoyed myself at this very restful resort. 
2009 Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales - Santiago de Cuba
2008 Cayo Coco - Oasis Playa Coco
2007 Holguin - Blau Costa Verde
2006 Santa Lucia - Club Amigo Caracol

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page"

Offline Jammyisme

• Max Member
  • whooping it up in pilon cuba :)
Re: 2 Weeks at Club Amigo Carisol Los Corales
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 02:22:37 PM »
 :cuflag: IM happy for you and Im glad that my instincts were right.  This could be our next trip  :Iagree:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 04:23:33 PM »
thanks for the different viewpoint   :icon_thumright:

Good to hear that you enjoyed yourself.

I like the table and chairs around the pool.  I don't always want to be on a lounger. :ham:
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Bulldog

• Member Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 04:44:24 PM »
Thanks for sharing, I too like the idea of table and chairs to sit in around the pool  :icon_thumright:

Offline mojitomiss_cuba

• Locker Talker
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 01:45:37 PM »
skysurfer, do you have any pics you can share with us? I've never been to this area of cuba and would love to see some pics
PCV 2005, 2007
SCSM 2005
SCG 2006
RTB Negril 2006
Allegro Cozumel 2007
AB & Solymar Varadero 2008