News:

• March 29, 2024, 07:14:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: MiFlex 2 Reg Hoses  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Pacific State 808

MiFlex 2 Reg Hoses
« on: May 07, 2010, 01:30:59 PM »
I am not sure if you have seen the newest line in regulator hoses ?.......not the most amazing or exciting piece of Scuba gear, but MiFlex 2 hoses are fantastic, the best thing I have seen on the scuba market for a long time.

For those of you who carry your regs in your hand luggage, you will know how much a set of regs weigh, these new hoses will bring that weight down. Nothing much you can do regarding the weight of the first and second stages of your regs (unless you are rich enough to buy titanium ones, and you don't want to use Nitrox, which we all do)....but these MiFlex are at least 60% lighter, can withstand double the burst pressure of normal hoses, you can tie them in a knot and it will not affect the volume of air flow, and if there was any breach, they are self sealing.

I got my regs back this afternoon after I had them fitted....I don't use a air or depth gauge as I use an intergrated transmitter on my first stage to my computer, but I did have the high pressure hose added to a small air gauge for back up. You can see just how thin the hose is as I placed a matchstick next to it so you can get an idea of the size....they are just so light!

They come in different colours, I used electric blue for my low pressure inflator hose, black for my second stage and super bright yellow for my octopus. I used black on my back up air gauge.

Close up of the Xtreme nylon safety braiding of the hose.

Check out how thin the high pressure hose is.....

PS808

Offline Gambitt

• High-Tech Redneck!
    • Gambitt Homepage
Re: MiFlex 2 Reg Hoses
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 02:00:02 PM »
Wow.  That is so cool.  Thanks for the tip.   :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

I guess I know where my regs are going next weekend.  :ROFL:

Blue for my main reg, yellow for the Octo, red for hp to computer, and black for the lp inflator..
If at first, you do not succeed; You Obviously did Not use a BIG enough Hammer!!!
If at first, you Do Succeed.. try not to look tooo Astonished!