News:

• April 16, 2024, 02:30:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Royal Hideaway Ensenachos by Travelchick  (Read 10972 times)

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
Royal Hideaway Ensenachos by Travelchick
« on: May 14, 2011, 08:22:50 AM »
Travelchicks review of Royal Hideaway is now up and can be viewed at http://www.7daysinparadise.com/tripreports/cu-rhe.html#Travelchick.  Thanx for posting!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Milli

• Max Member
Re: Royal Hideaway Ensenachos by Travelchick
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 10:00:02 AM »
   :thumbsup: Excellent review Travelchick and interesting glimpse into what it is like on the resort as it switches to low season!  I for one am happy to hear that Iberostar is taking RHE over however I am sure it will probably mean the prices for the resort will go up.  IMO this resort has everything that should make it the top resort in Cuba with it's beaches, privacy, beautiful grounds and buildings but Occidental never seemed to put it all together consistently.  Thanks for putting your thoughts and impressions together and sharing them with us so quickly.
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2011, 10:34:29 AM »
Thanks, Milli.  We have not stayed at an Iberostar but will have to look into them as they get high marks in reviews.

It is so sad to think that the RHE has only been open for five years and it is looking the worse for wear.  We also noticed this while at the VIM in Mexico this past November, which probably opened around the same time.  And with the exception of the new Royal Service at PRDO, it's the same deal.  WHY do the companies let these beautiful resorts deteriorate?  It is such a waste.  Within three years or so of opening their doors, the level of maintenance and cleanliness begins dropping and continues, unabated.  It seems there are only a few companies who keep their 5* properties just that: excellent resorts.  We are at a loss where to go next after BJ.  Honestly, we don't want to pay at least $2,500 pp just to stay at an elegant resort which doesn't have such things as dirty bathroom doors (in our room) and dead flies on the dining room window ledge (RHE). Yuck.

Sorry for the  :rant:

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice for us?  TC  :grin: 

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2011, 10:51:12 AM »
 :thumbsup: Cayo Leventado in Samana for sure!!! 
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2011, 12:27:10 PM »
Milli, are you sure it's also not on the downward slide already??   :ROFL:  I had forgotten about it but definitely will be checking out the reviews as the fall begins.  Thanks for the reminder.  Are you planning a return trip?  TC  :grin:

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2011, 12:57:24 PM »
Travelchick:  It is definitely not on the downslide!  I agree with you about the way resorts are maintained.  Just when the grounds are getting lush and beautiful the buildings are being neglected and it seems like many of the hotel companies are putting all their efforts into the next new place.
 A co-worker of dh went to a very expensive 5* resort in Jamaica for her honeymoon and she loved it.  She and her husband went to Cayo Leventado in February after my husband had raved about it so much and I was a bit nervous that she would be really let down.   They had a FANTASTIC week.  Although maybe not quite so upscale as the resort in Jamaica for the huge difference in price it was just as nice!  I would love to go back but only if we can find a good price and right now I am not seeing any.  :sad1:

As well, I think that Gran Bahia might be one of those companies that you refer to that try to keep their resorts maintained.  We have stayed in three Gran Bahia resorts now (various ages) and they were all well kept.
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline Jammyisme

• Max Member
  • whooping it up in pilon cuba :)
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 09:22:33 AM »
Its now the Iberostar.   We be going I think :)
 :jump: