News:

• April 16, 2024, 12:30:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: underwater slideshow posted  (Read 4925 times)

Offline raybo

• http://home.cogeco.ca/~ssmith112/
underwater slideshow posted
« on: June 29, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
Just a slideshow of some of our underwater photos mustly taken at Breezes Jibacoa.
 hope you enjoy.
           Ray
 http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewshow.html?fl=2323945&alb=0

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
Re: underwater slideshow posted
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
Thanks Raybo,

I'll check them out when I get home.

If they are anything like your others, I'm in for a treat.     :)

Heather
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Kimber19

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Hey Raybo,
 Fantastic underwater pictures!
 Kimber
url=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/]  - [/url]
 Caribbean Lodging Reviews
 ----------------------------------
 Playa Costa Verde - March 06
 Varadero - March 05
 Cayo Coco - April 04

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 09:52:00 PM »
Great Pictures Raybo!

looks like you were diving a wreck there, or at least the remnants of one.

*sigh*, makes me want to go back....   :D  

Thanx for sharing.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline raybo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
The only wreck diving that day was me.
 Jibacoa dive sites include Cannons, anchors and anchor chain and at least one sea cave (tho I did not do that dive.
 The suba photos where taken with a disposable.
 Some of them at at least 60 feet, with NO flash.
 Thats what I call clear visablity.
 We also were over swam by two manta rays, great experiance , but I was diving without a camera on that dive.
 Dive site were all within sight of the resort beach, so not hour long boat rides.
                               Ray

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »
well, at least some wreckage, eh?     :D  

I remember seeing a couple of old cannons in the DR years ago, whether they were real or not who knows.  

There's not too much mention of wrecks in Cuba, other than the "fabled"(?) Russian destroyer off Varadero, and the collection in the Bay of pigs, but I've yet to see pictures, or hear anyone talk about diving them.

You used one of those waterproof camera's?  at what depth?  A guy that I dove with in Jamaica told me stories of one of those camera's folding at 50+ feet in his hands.  Fortunately for him it was empty at that point.  Excellent pictures for a disposable camera though.  I can't get pictures that good snorkling at 10-15'     :rof:

Aren't the Ray's amazing to watch?  They're just so graceful as they "fly" through the water.  Everytime I've seen one I have to stop and watch for as long as I can.

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
Dive site were all within sight of the resort beach, so not hour long boat rides.

In the Bahama's we did dives that were miles off shore, but at least we had a nice big boat to lounge around in during the trips.  It's a nice way to end the day watching the sun set as you're pulling into the dock.

:cubadreamin:

Offline raybo

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2005, 03:04:00 PM »
The dive boat at Jibacoa was large enough for the short trips but had absolutly no shade.
 10 min sitting in direct sun with a black wet suit (even a shorty) is no ones idea of fun.
 It's like wearing your own private sauna.
 You just can't wait to get over the side and cool off.
 Ray

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2005, 09:14:00 PM »
sadly, most of the dive boats at resorts are like that.  I'll either have my wetsuit on to my waist only, or if I have to keep my gear on, I'll take a dip in the water before getting on the boat, it does help, but for a finite period of time.

I agree, there's nothing worse than sitting on a boat in the open sun with the wetsuit on with no shade.  

Here's the boats to be on to go diving

aggressor diving

*sigh*  after we win the lottery that is.

Offline Gambitt

• High-Tech Redneck!
    • Gambitt Homepage
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
If I won the lottery, I'd Own an Agressor boat!  John and Heather would have a permanent stateroom... I'd hate to dive alone!
If at first, you do not succeed; You Obviously did Not use a BIG enough Hammer!!!
If at first, you Do Succeed.. try not to look tooo Astonished!

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2005, 06:38:00 PM »
Thanks Gambitt     :D

Gee, I hope you win the lottery.     :rof: