News:

• October 19, 2020, 10:53:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Re: Sirenis Cocotal  (Read 1978 times)

Offline Milli

• Max Member
Sirenis Cocotal
« on: August 22, 2005, 04:09:00 PM »
:)  Although I would prefer to go to Cuba, I am watching the prices for DR as well.  This resort is listed as 4.5 star and going at 1609.00/per person for two weeks.  
 Bellagio:  I see you were there twice. What was your opinion of this place?  Is it worth even considering?
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

bellagio

Re: Sirenis Cocotal
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
Milli:

Sirenis is fine - I have been there twice and would recommend it.  Is it Cocotal or Tropical you are thinking of?   Sirenis Tropical are the suites, Sirenis Cocotal just have the one room, plus bathroom of course.

On both occasions I stayed at the Cocotal, although it's no more expensive to stay in the Suites for a couple.    Go for the Tropical if you have the choice.  The hotel was opened in December 2000.    I would have no hesitation in going back.   It is very busy though.  One resort is a mirror image of the other and you can use all facilities at both resort.

You can view my pictures at:

Sirenis Cocotal November 2003

and

Sirenis Cocotal February 2004

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2005, 05:12:00 PM »
:)  Thank you so much for the info and the pictures Bellagio.  It is the Cocotal and it talks about sharing priveleges with the Tropical.  It is about 150 dollars/per person less than I am finding the Sol Luna and Mares and Grand Playa Turquesa and abut 350dollars less/per person than the Iberostar Varadero.  Lots to consider  :roll:
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

bellagio

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
Well Milli it isn't quite as good as the Playa Pesquero but it's better than Playa Coco and I would say it's better than the Sol Luna and Mares.

The sand isn't white but it is a lovely stretch of beach and you can walk for miles in either direction.   Secrets Excellence is about a mile to the left and they were building a new resort hotel, which must be open by now, about 2 miles to the right.    It is in a secluded location and quite a drive from the airport, but I would say go for it.     If you're not happy on your return you can always come back at  ME for a refund.   :rof:      :rof:  

The only downside for me was it was very busy and the fact that some of the ground floor rooms have that horrible musty smell.    Go for a third floor room, ask for Block G.

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 07:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by bellagio:
      If you're not happy on your return you can always come back at  ME for a refund.    :)
Iberostar Varadero '06
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10