7DaysinParadise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 17, 2018, 05:55:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barcelo has left the Island of Cayo Santa Marie  (Read 3066 times)
Bebbie
Max Member

« on: July 07, 2012, 09:51:32 PM »

http://www.cayosantamaria.info/hotel_husa_beach.html
flopnfly
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 04:43:34 PM »

Wow, so many changes in resort ownership this year.

I wonder how it will affect service and amenities.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Bebbie
Max Member

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »

Was wondering that too. 
We considered going there this past winter with our grandson (travel agent recommended it), but his mom wouldn't okay the trip.  Think it was because she wanted to go and knew she couldn't get the time off. 
Brenda went recently and it sounded like a really nice place.
It's available under the new ownership through Nolitours, but unable to get a price for 2013.
bmnichol
Max Member

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 03:35:28 AM »

Hmmm, I was reading on the link that someone sent to me on Facebook that the new owners were part of the Gaviota group and were Cuban. I wonder if they are tossing other nationalities out again?

I really enjoyed the resort. It was a nice place. There was a lot of sprucing up being done in some of the buildings that were closed for the low season.

35th Anniversary and Birthdays trip - Oct 27-Nov 3. Grand Sirenis, Akumal MX
flopnfly
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »

Sunwing has taken over a lot of properties this yeat, and renamed them "Memories".

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: