News:

• April 19, 2024, 03:11:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Travelchicks review of SUPERCLUBS Breezes Jibicoa  (Read 6340 times)

Offline JohnnyCastaway

• Administrator
  • BAD ROBOT!!
Travelchicks review of SUPERCLUBS Breezes Jibicoa
« on: June 20, 2010, 08:30:38 PM »
Travelchicks detailed review of Superclubs Breezes Jibacoa is now up and can be read at
http://www.7daysinparadise.com/tripreports/cu-sbj.html

Thanx for posting!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
Re: Travelchicks review of SUPERCLUBS Breezes Jibicoa
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 06:02:03 PM »
Well, at least you read it, JC.  Thanks!   :laughing7:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 06:32:50 PM »
lots of views, but no comments.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline Milli

• Max Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 07:36:29 PM »
 :sunny:  I had missed your report travelchick-- it is an excellent and detailed review and thank you for taking the time to sit down and share your thoughts.  It is very fair and balanced IMO.   I had a chuckle at the "thimble-ful of champagne" you were given on your SunWing flight!

I have read on another board that Cuba is seeing record highs in temperatures.  I am not surprised that the ocean was merely tepid!  I think so much heat and humidtity would have gotten to me and you are right  that there are trade offs in going during the different seasons.

We have looked at this resort in the past and it was the first resort recommended to us when we were planning our first trip to Cuba but from what you have written about the beach (needing water shoes, oil, etc) I think we will pass unless a really+++ good deal comes  up.  I am glad that you were able to enjoy your trip and the positive aspects of BJ inspite of some of the disappointments.  Thanks!
Melia Las Americas  '05,'12,'12
Iberostar Varadero '06
Paradisius Rio de Oro '06
Sandals Royal Hicacos '07
Playa Pesquero '07 '11
R. Hideaway Ensenachos'08
GBP Ambar '08 '09
GBP El Portillo '10 
GBP Cayo Leventado'10

Offline bmnichol

• Max Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 06:43:13 AM »
Thanks for the review TC, I read the report also. Some parts sound similiar to our stay at the Cameleon Jibaccoa. The food was very simple and not a lot of variety. Maybe they are having a problem with deliveries or being able to acquire certain things. We too only saw Ice Cream at lunch. It was a 3* we went to so we didn't expect 5* food. In the end we felt we got what we paid for. We did notice the difference in the two beaches. I think the Cemeloen beach is nicer than the Brisas. We also noticed the throngs of locals that were setting up residence on the beach each day. A couple of them even asked us to get drinks. The locals walked right on by the Cameleon and parked themselves in front of Brisas.

I'm not sure if and when we will be going back to Cuba, but if the deal is good enough and the flights are decent, you just never know.
35th Anniversary and Birthdays trip - Oct 27-Nov 3. Grand Sirenis, Akumal MX

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:24:10 AM »
Thank you, girls, for taking the time to read and reply!  It is disheartening to put in the time to compose a review and have no feedback.  Milli, I think that first day we were in Cuba was one of t.h.e. hottest ever!  It's a shame that there are no thermometers at the beach or pool--it would be great to see just why we are suffering so much. lol  Each day the printed-off weather report was posted in the lobby. You know how accurate they are: not!  :laughing7: Everyday thunderstorms were forecast.  It was a relief that we only had rain the very last full day we were there: a wonderful storm blew in around 4 p.m. with quite a bit of much-needed rain, but it stopped by the time we had to walk up for dinner.  :icon_thumright:

There was much I left out, unfortunately.  One thing I wanted to be sure to mention was "Beware Duty-Free in Varadero Airport!".  I absolutely could not believe the difference in prices within the airport.  You HAVE to check at each shop/kiosk and look at the prices as they vary considerably.  I bought a bottle of Millwood (Bailey's) at 11 CUC but had seen it at a smaller shop for 18 CUC!  :shock: That is such a scam.  We saw a box of three small cigars--4 CUC at one place and 8 at another.  It was the same box, brand, size!  Grrrrr. Has anyone else noticed this sort of thing, at any Cuban airport?

One of the best features of the resort is its small size.  This, for us, is a "plus".  It takes no time to get around and the boulevard (as I call it) is a straight,wide sidewalk from the lobby/reception/buffet area down to the beach...a very accessible route for wheelchairs.  There is a ramp allowing for them to go to the Ranchon, as well.  This time we noticed how quiet the place was.  For most of the week, couples near our palapa talked quietly with each other in order not to disturb others. It was so civilized that way and a refreshing change from having to put up with yahoos (tourons?) yelling!  :laughing7:

Travelchick  :laughing7:

Offline flopnfly

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 06:45:31 PM »
TC, I know by the stats that people are reading your review, and I know others wait until they have time to sit back with a drink and take the time to relax and enjoy the read (that's me  :grin:).

We appreciate the effort put in by everyone, whether it's a full review or just a quick recap in a post. 

We all love to read about vacations especially when we can't get away ourselves.

I personally love looking at photo's, so if you have any please post them.  I'm sure one of the photo gurus on here will be able to help you if you need help.   :grin:

Offline travelchick

• Max Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 07:43:54 PM »
Thanks, flopnfly!  I'm like you: I love to read about others' trips especially when they give me a feel for resorts I haven't yet visited. 

I have tried to post photos to my album here but I have never been able to post all my trip photos together....it just turns out one or two are copied here.  I have given up trying to do anything with my computer other than the basics.  It's very disappointing when I see how adept people are on theirs but not me.  Sigh.  I am just not ever going to be a "TechnoChick"  :lol1:

Travelchick :grin: